Wednesday, December 01, 2010
gift guides for the tomboy.
We're back with our second installment of gift guides! (you can't hide your excitement, can you?!)
This week -- blouse is doing gift guides organized by fashion style ... so whether she's an adorable old fashioned girl that loves arch support and is inspired by all things vintage ... or she's an easygoing hippie that loves the naturals and the neutrals ... or even an ever-so-cool rockstar that loves making a statement ... we'll provide you with clever, creative and affordable gift ideas!
Today -- it's all about The Tomboy.
She's the one that's always cool, comfortable and ready to get her hands dirty. Her ability to change headlights is envied by many. However - it should be noted that her creative talents stretch far beyond underneath a car. She's clever, quick on her feet, and the person you want with you in any type of emergency (e.g. especially things like a broken dvd player in the middle of a brat pack marathon). Her look is always easy going with a sexy touch of masculinity thrown in. She may be able to pull off something like suspenders, but she loves her favorite pair of jeans ... the same ones that have been her favorite for many, many years now. And as with her denim, she's loyal to you til the end. Like we said -- a really good person to have around.
(....so, buy her something nice this year!)
(1) by the wood stove flannel top by modcloth $45 (2) pretty kiddy's crocheted monkey hat $25 (3) hermes skinny tie $170 (4) wearendo's bikes in a row pullover $37 (5) cairo vintage's men's vintage cardigan $42 (6) vintage doc martens by Old Baltimore Vintage $40 (7) boyfriend blazer at kohls $42 (8) diesel watch $85 (9) happy family's octopus messenger bag $20 (10) reindeer socks at lisa b. $19 (11) dark cycle clothing's zombie tshirt $18 (12) pacifica sandalwood perfume $21 (13) nautical shorts by fabled fancy $34 (14) bridge & burn's earhardt jacket $120 (15) fingerless mittens at fred flare $18 (16) huzzah vintage's menswear vest $18
(1) guitar lessons $50 up on craigslist.com OR (2) the very best of emmylou harris on cd
(3) speed demon skateboard $60 OR (4) tony hawk's proving ground Xbox 360 game
(5) snu 2 vintage's stanley thermos $12 OR (6) Leah Giberson's 2011 wall calendar of campers.
(7) cook outside the box's dry spice rubs $16 OR (8) suzzannemade's cheeseburger necklace $45
(1) flannel sheets from garnet hill $40 (2) the sweet strap's dslr strap cover $11 (3) beats headphones by dr. dre $220 (4) mix tape pouch $5 (5) retro arcade pac man game $20 (6) i love my bike bell $5 (7) desktop ping pong set $12
Coming up next .... The Rockstar!
* a special thanks to all the so-special tomboys in my life for helping me with these guides! *
Labels: the everyday girl